How I Work
My aim is to assist you to achieve your health goals by using the following approach:
I will provide you with accurate and evidence-based information
- There is so much information available about what to eat, how to eat, what supplements to take and how to improve your health: on-line, on television & radio, in the printed press and from well-meaning friends and family. Everyone has an opinion. Many of these ‘messages’ are flawed, faddy and may sometimes be a result of vested interest (for example by the food industry or pharmaceutical companies).
- My mission is to help you understand and implement the best way to eat and live in order to meet your goals and optimise your health.
I will guide you through the process of change
- It is not enough to simply know the right foods to eat, supplements to take and adaptations required to live well. The process of change isn’t always easy and motivation can fluctuate and be influenced by other competing demands and pressures in our lives.
- I will use psychological techniques such as motivational interviewing to assist you in understanding and overcoming (where detrimental) long-established patterns of eating and living.
- I will work with you to identify your personal barriers to change and provide practical tools and advice to reduce these.
- The key is to explore: how can you, in your life, make the changes needed to optimise your health?
I will provide you with a fully personalised service
- Many approaches to improving health provide advice for the ‘average man’ or ‘average woman’ (whoever he or she is!)
- The service I provide is bespoke and will take account of your current concerns, comprehensive history, symptoms, medications and how you live your life (other services such as functional testing and gene mapping can further enhance the personalised approach).
Who I work with:
I work with adults (18 years +) who primarily live in the Essex and Suffolk areas, although I also offer consultations by Skype. I am able to provide home visits by arrangement.
Join Our Mailing List
for hints, tips & special offers!
© 2019 Transition Nutrition All Rights Reserved